Thursday, November 3, 2011

FREAK October Snow Storm and a BIG baby

Hey Everyone,

     Long time no see.  I live in New Jersey and got my power and internet and phone fully restored yesterday.  There was a random blizzard (of course the weekend my boyfriend goes to Florida to see his mother) in October.  It was a lot of snow, because it was the "first snow" of the year and it was October.  But it wasn't an extreme amount, they said the snow was sooo heavy and sooo wet that it knocked down sooo many trees and power-lines that still not all of the people in New Jersey have power until tomorrow.  This snow storm happened last Thursday.  This snow also made cell phone reception nearly impossible.  The house was freezing, my dogs all had sweatshirts and were bundled in blankets, our food went bad, it was a state of emergency so there was no store, it made everyone broke with all the eating out, my fish nearly froze to death (picture above of how I kept him warm...YAY!! Henry made it through)  and I had a meltdown because not only am I afraid of the dark, but it was so cold that I got sick and thought I was killing my baby.  Later I learned that a cold you have, is not a cold your baby has, they don't catch it from you.
     Needless to say, it was an experience.  But in baby news, my baby is now a giant.  At only 4 pounds, I'm convinced they mean his leg and he's actually about 20.  I'm not a big girl, I'm 5'3" and I'm thick (PUERTO RICAN), so to me this baby is humongous.  He's heavy.  He's SOOOOOO active.  He's cranky, like mommy like son (if anyone thinks of touching my belly button or I think of touching or eating anything cold, he'll either make me want to vomit or he'll punch me until he's sure there is a visible bruise).  But he's my little bundle of joy, so to me, he's also perfect.  Sure, I'm at the point where I can't sleep because I can't breath or get comfortable, can't leave the bathroom because he's always on my bladder, can't smell anything other than tea or waffles without getting sick and can't sit because my lower back is in so much pain that anything other than walking or laying down for longer than 10 minutes is mission impossible.  But I've never loved anything more, or been more willing to suffer a few months for something.  My baby is mine and he's just like me!  A short, stubborn, cranky, night owl-y big baby!!

        ~Brianna J~

No comments:

Post a Comment