Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Baby Shower, Being a Parent & New Stuff

Hi everyone,

     So my baby shower was this past weekend.  A lot of people RSVPed but not a lot came.  But a lot sent presents, haha!  My mom hosted it and it was cute green and brown with elephants, just like the baby's theme.  She called the party theme "an elephant and her little peanut".  My good friends and family were there.  We played games and had music and since it was all people close to me not a lot of people that were friends or family but not VERY close, it was a blast!  I have plenty of pictures that I'm going to share.







I got a lot of new things for the baby but only included some of the photos.  The whirlpool bath looks really cute.  It has a shower head that comes out so you can spray the baby and a whirlpool and bubbling part, all that can be turned on and off with the push of a button.  It also comes with a newborn sling to put the baby in before you actually bathe them, when it's just sponge-bath time.  And the fisher-price bouncy sear is also so cute.  We put it together and it's not that hard but putting the seat part together was VERY frustrating because the instructions make it semi-unclear.  My BIG present at the baby shower was from my mother and grandmother, they bought the crib and soybean mattress.  But it wasn't shipped in time and we were told it would be here by thanksgiving.  To my surprise, my crib came in yesterday while I was preparing the room for the baby.  It's huge and we (my boyfriend and I) are going to put it together tonight.  I was so excited!  Putting the baby's room together I felt nest-y and mother-like but it never fully set in until that crib arrived.  Now I'm starting to feel like, wow, there is going to be a baby sleeping in here in less than 5 weeks.  MY baby, OUR baby.  I'm someone's mom.  When you're a first time mom, like me, it's so weird to think that you are about to be someone's parent.  I had the realization the other day.  I know I'm gonna be someone's mom, but, someone's parent.  As in "I can't go my parents won't let me", and that "parents" is me.  But I'm clearly off topic now.  The baby shower was awesome, and MY CRIB IS HERE!!!  I'll have more to report soon.

        ~Brianna J~

No comments:

Post a Comment