Monday, October 17, 2011

31 Weeks Today

Hi Everyone,

      Today marks 31 weeks pregnant (or 1 week away from 8 months), which brings a lot of new symptoms and things to add to the to do list.  We have 1 bedroom...not a 1 bedroom...1 bedroom.  We're getting together a nursery that we could also live in and have it look okay when we have company, all the while my boyfriend is working, so this makes it a lot harder.  In 5 days we've taken down WALLPAPER?!?!?!?!?!? (<<worst invention ever) that was painted over, spackled the wall and painted the trim.  We're now going to start priming today and painting.  It seemed so much easier when we layed out the to do list, then when we actually executed this master plan.  Everyday this list seems to get bigger and bigger and I can't help but feel like the theory of a baby seems so much easier than the actual executed plan.  Our baby was not planned but was definitely a welcomed surprise, while we weren't in the best financial situation, we did the deed and a baby was the result.
     But nursery preparations are a small price to pay for the good things.  Transitioning into a mother means grinning and bearing even the aches and pains because you know their worth it in the end, so, it almost seems like I love going through these things because I know my body's reacting to my little bundle of joy.  My baby boy is getting a lot bigger and stronger, which means he often leans on the make mommy have to pee button.  My body is not used to the extra belly weight, so swelling of the feet and ankles and achy back are becoming part of the territory.  The worrisome part of the brain that activates as soon as the pee stick dries is more prominent then ever, everything from painting to not thinking I'm big enough (I'M HUMONGOUS) requires a call to the doctor or my boyfriend or a jog downstairs to my mother.  A million questions is a game I've started playing daily.  Pregnancy brain and hormonal rage are 2 other key issues.  In 2 days I've cried or raged out over the following: soap in the dogs bowl that had to be cleaned, moving my laundry from the washer to the drier, back pains from lying on my back (I'm the one who put myself in that position), a short blanket, wallpaper and many others that my pregnancy brain will not allow me to remember at this moment.
     The bottom line is this, this is going to be a wild and crazy ride but it's something I've never been more ready for in my entire life.  I already love my baby boy more than anything I've ever loved in my life and he's not even born yet, I've already wanted to change my life for the better over something that exists only in the world that extends the length of my belly.  A baby is a big change in life, especially mine, but a change that I welcome with open arms and wouldn't try to get out of for the world!

        ~Brianna J~

No comments:

Post a Comment